Thursday, July 23, 2015

Sand painted coral reefs

This class was one of the most fun ones I have done in a while. We had a small class but the results were amazing!! We started with a "draw with me" session using a book on reefs I got at the library. After we had drawn 4-5 coral and some fish the real fun began. 

We "drew" over our coral and fish one at a time with white glue then sprinkled on brightly colored sand, lots of sand to cover the glue well, tapped it off and did the next one and the next. Lots of parental help and help from us with the removal of the extra sand but the results were well worth it. 

 


1 comment:

http://www.professional-essay-writing.com/ said...

I think that coral riffs are a great idea for children's drawing! I really loved to draw sea and sea creatures when I was a child.

AD